Messages From digitrax

 


----------------------------

#96934 Feb 20, 2006

I have 3 Db150 that I want to use as a master with 2 boosters. I

assume that is OK according to the book. I am mounting the DCS100 on

the program bench to handle programming away from the layout. LOTS of

guests will be using this and dod not want to chance wipping out the

system. I have Locobuffer-USB and decoder pro which will be hooked to

the DCS100 on the bench. I am correct that programming like this will

always work.

Thank you

( I am new to this DCC and just getting bsck into the hobby after

30 years away)



----------------------------

#96936 Feb 20, 2006

Yes.

This assumes I understand correctly that:

You will have the programing command station and computer not connected

to the layout via Loconet.

However, you would be better served by using a DB-150 for your

programing setup and put the more capable DCS-100 in charge of your layout.

Doug B.

4dNtrak

George Pavlisko wrote: > I have 3 Db150 that I want to use as a master with 2 boosters. I

> assume that is OK according to the book. I am mounting the DCS100 on

> the program bench to handle programming away from the layout. LOTS of

> guests will be using this and dod not want to chance wipping out the

> system. I have Locobuffer-USB and decoder pro which will be hooked to

> the DCS100 on the bench. I am correct that programming like this will

> always work.



----------------------------

#96944 Feb 20, 2006

The DB150 should be fine as a command station , although it has a 22

slot limit.

The DCS100 can support up to 120 slots, but if you want a separate

bench programming command station, I would differ with Doug and

recommend using the DCS100 for that for the simple reason that the

DB150 can program CVs, but connot read them. A computer running

Decoder Pro with locobuffer interface is probably the best approach,

but the locobuffer works through the command station.

Another approach would be to try it both ways and see what works

best. Do you want to monitor Loconet during layout operations? Do

you need to do any programming on the main?

All things to consider.

Doug Stuard --- In Digitrax@yahoogroups.com, Doug victor32@...> wrote:

>

> Yes.

>

> This assumes I understand correctly that:

>

> You will have the programing command station and computer not

connected

> to the layout via Loconet.

>

> However, you would be better served by using a DB-150 for your

> programing setup and put the more capable DCS-100 in charge of your

layout.

>

> Doug B.

> 4dNtrak

>

> George Pavlisko wrote:

> > I have 3 Db150 that I want to use as a master with 2 boosters. I

> > assume that is OK according to the book. I am mounting the DCS100

on

> > the program bench to handle programming away from the layout.

LOTS of

> > guests will be using this and dod not want to chance wipping out

the

> > system. I have Locobuffer-USB and decoder pro which will be

hooked to

> > the DCS100 on the bench. I am correct that programming like this

will

> > always work.

>







----------------------------

#96945 Feb 20, 2006

On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 7:03pm Doug Stuard dstuard@...> wrote:

the

> DB150 can program CVs, but connot read them.

I always forget that part. grin>

Doug B.

4dNtrak



----------------------------

#96948 Feb 20, 2006

Having a DB150, I am constantly reminded! --- In Digitrax@yahoogroups.com, doug victor32@...> wrote:

>

> On Sun, Feb 19, 2006 at 7:03pm Doug Stuard dstuard@...> wrote:

> the

> > DB150 can program CVs, but connot read them.

>

> I always forget that part. grin>

>

> Doug B.

> 4dNtrak

>

>

>

>

>


S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g