Messages From theapprentice

 


----------------------------

#2815 Sep 17, 2004

Bradford giving up his immunity was a personal slap in the face toTrump. You could tell it didn't set well with him. It was impulsiveand possibly a macho attempt to look fearless. I can think of somebusinesses where that sort of bravado pays off, but I think if you're talkingabout multi-billion dollar ventures, it's not a good trait. His enthusiasmand infectious smile will serve him well - he just needs to find the rightplace.

Ivana wasn't saying "omigod" over and over because she felt bad aboutBradford. I think she was just overwhelmed with relief that she didn't getcanned - Trump's comments to her prior to that sure would have indicated she wasthe onenext to go. (BTW, I agree with the person who said Trump'scomments about her name were uncalled for - had no place in thatboardroom. Those things should be kept private between he and hisstaff. About as unclassy as Pamela's obvious disdain for herteammates.)

Stacie....well, she's just got to find some way to bond with thesewomen on some level and learn to check her own impulsiveness at the door.Temps? Good grief!

Overall I'm disappointed in the women's ability to organize andfocus.

Marsha



----------------------------

#2817 Sep 17, 2004

I agree Marsha, who is he to change the new rule in anyway. It was impulsive and I think it was a move to bring the camera and attention back onto him, as all his egotistical and silly outbursts have been in the past.

Ivana wasn't saying "omigod" over and over because she felt bad about Bradford. I think she was just overwhelmed with relief that she didn't get canned - Trump's comments to her prior to that sure would have indicated she was the onenext to go. (BTW, I agree with the person who said Trump's comments about her name were uncalled for - had no place in that boardroom. Those things should be kept private between he and his staff. About as unclassy as Pamela's obvious disdain for her teammates.)

Stacie....well, she's just got to find some way to bond with these women on some level and learn to check her own impulsiveness at the door. Temps? Good grief!

Overall I'm disappointed in the women's ability to organize and focus.

Marsha







----------------------------

#2829 Sep 17, 2004

--- In The_Apprentice@yahoogroups.com, "Marsha Alley" marshaalley@m..

women on some level and learn to check her own impulsiveness at the

door. Temps? Good grief!

I think she should have discussed her idea, what she did would have

cost the team money and it was probably not needed since there were

enough people on the team to sell the ice cream



----------------------------

#2830 Sep 17, 2004

impulsive and I think it was a move to bring the camera and attention

back onto him, as all his egotistical and silly outbursts have been in

the past.

I also sensed that Bradford did not do what he did in order to show

solidarity with his team, that *perhaps* he did it for attention, but

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. His recent history does

not suggest that he is the type of person who would 'take a bullet for

the team'.

It's like someone said earlier, that there are people trying to be

characters



----------------------------

#2833 Sep 17, 2004

--- In The_Apprentice@yahoogroups.com, "Marsha Alley"

I must have missed this part. What did Trump say about her name??



----------------------------

#2838 Sep 17, 2004

His remark was just that, a joke referring to his ex wife nothing pointed at the present Ivana and nothing inappropriate for the boardroom, its his boardroom, this whole show, just as his whole Trump organization is based on Donald, what he is and who he is

women on some level and learn to check her own impulsiveness at the door. Temps? Good grief!

I think she should have discussed her idea, what she did would have cost the team money and it was probably not needed since there were enough people on the team to sell the ice cream.

Find out about your favoritecelebrities:

---Links-Are-Forbidden--- movies

---Links-Are-Forbidden--- m







----------------------------

#2846 Sep 17, 2004

Marsha, > It was impulsive and possibly a macho attempt to look fearless. I can think of some businesses where that sort of bravado pays off, but

I think if you're talking about multi-billion dollar ventures, it's

not a good trait. His enthusiasm and infectious smile will serve him

well - he just needs to find the right place.

It was a risk he was willing to take to show confidence that he did

an outstanding job, as well as and loyalty to his team by throwing

away his safety rock and joining them in the board room. He was the

best performer during the task, his performance went without a hitch

so if Donald was going to judge fairly then there was no need to

worry about getting fired. >

> Ivana wasn't saying "omigod" over and over because she felt bad about Bradford. I think she was just overwhelmed with relief that

she didn't get canned - Trump's comments to her prior to that sure

would have indicated she was the one next to go. (BTW, I agree with

the person who said Trump's comments about her name were uncalled

for - had no place in that boardroom. Those things should be kept

private between he and his staff. About as unclassy as Pamela's

obvious disdain for her teammates.)

Again, I disagree. I think that Ivana realized what a mistake she

made by choosing to bring Bradford into the board room, which is

another example indicator that she makes for a poor leader. Even if

I'm wrong, and Bradford's move to toss his immunity was "macho"

or "stupid," Ivana had chosen to take Bradford along *AFTER* he

announced his decision. Wasn't it her who made the risk of getting

Apex's best member fired? >

> Stacie....well, she's just got to find some way to bond with these women on some level and learn to check her own impulsiveness at the

door. Temps? Good grief!

I thought that getting temps wasn't a bad idea, but she should've

cleared it with the project manager first. Not consulting with the

boss is what got Jason fired during season one when he went ahead

with that lame-o ad campaign for Marquis. >

> Overall I'm disappointed in the women's ability to organize and focus.

Now that's something everyone can agree on! :D







----------------------------

#2847 Sep 17, 2004

I think getting temps was not a good idea. Their a team and should be limited to the resourses they have, what else is fair?

focus.

Now that's something everyone can agree on! :D

Find out about your favorite celebrities:

---Links-Are-Forbidden--- movies

---Links-Are-Forbidden--- m



----------------------------

#2848 Sep 17, 2004

be limited to the resourses they have, what else is fair?

Apex used their capital resource to hire temps, so I see nothing

wrong with that. Do you also think that it was a bad idea for the

guys to get girls off the street to sell their ice cream?



----------------------------

#2849 Sep 17, 2004

No, they worked the crowd and got involvement, they did it with fun or involvement in mind. They didn't attempt to create unfair ground doing that, they simply worked the crowd

be limited to the resourses they have, what else is fair?

Apex used their capital resource to hire temps, so I see nothing wrong with that. Do you also think that it was a bad idea for the guys to get girls off the street to sell their ice cream?

Find out about your favorite celebrities:

---Links-Are-Forbidden--- movies

---Links-Are-Forbidden--- m



----------------------------

#2854 Sep 17, 2004



It is fair to use whatever resources they have, because whatever is

spent on things like advertising and temps would be deducted from the

profit. The men donated $150 to leukemia research and that $150 did

not count as part of their net profit because it was an expense



----------------------------

#2855 Sep 17, 2004

I understand that, but when you hire tempsin this situation, you destroy the platform that this show is based on, (2 teams of carefully selected andclose matched people compeating to win a job). That is just wrong

It is fair to use whatever resources they have, because whatever is spent on things like advertising and temps would be deducted from the profit. The men donated $150 to leukemia research and that $150 did not count as part of their net profit because it was an expense.

Find out about your favoritecelebrities:

---Links-Are-Forbidden--- movies

---Links-Are-Forbidden--- m







----------------------------

#2863 Sep 17, 2004



Last year Carolyn suggested the mens' team should have hired people

to hand out coupons on the street outside Planet Hollywood because

the team members were too valuable to waste time on such a mundane

task



----------------------------

#2866 Sep 17, 2004

Hiring people on the cheap to hand out coupons on the streets would have

made sense since the men could concentrate on boosting sales on the

higher margin sales such as the bar. But still to this day, I still

believe the women placed the Planet Hollywood management at risk with

the ABC by overserving alcohol to the patrons.> task



----------------------------

#2867 Sep 17, 2004

>when you hire temps in this situation, you destroy the platform that this show is based on, (2 teams of carefully selected and close

matched people compeating to win a job). That is just wrong <

With or without outside hired help, the original team members

would've still been working towards the goal of the game. We're

talking about help, not replacements. Had Apex hired temps to do

their job while Ivana and company went out someplace to play, that

would've been wrong



----------------------------

#2868 Sep 17, 2004

destroy the platform that this show is based on, (2 teams of carefully

selected and close matched people compeating to win a job). That is

just wrong

Do you remember that in the first "The Apprentice" season, once of the

last tasks was at a casino owned by DT and both teams hired people to

help them with a promotion? One of the teams hired model types, so

hiring people to help with the tasks is not new.

Also, in the first season, the teams (or one of the teams) hired

people to pedal around on those pedi-cabs and Kwame received some

criticism in the boardroom because he took the task upon himself when

he could have hired someone







----------------------------

#2878 Sep 17, 2004

The drivers were already employees of the ricksha taxi company



----------------------------

#2882 Sep 18, 2004



I forgot that. You are correct, they were only paid bonuses by the

team



----------------------------

#2896 Sep 18, 2004

The one argument in favor of Stacie's idea is that if they hired

temps, they possibly could have freed some members to make some

sales. I wonder if they're unable to tell people that they're part of

the game, but I would think people would guess. If I were a small

business I wouldn't mind being on the show for a few seconds.

Ann



----------------------------

#2898 Sep 18, 2004

Plus they did it for free! As I said before, temps could have freed

up team members to try to sell through different channels. Or, they

could have been used as advertising.

As for the vendor whose space they violated, I think they should have

cut him in.

Ann

> Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers!



----------------------------

#2905 Sep 18, 2004

In a message dated 9/17/2004 12:01:06 PM Eastern Daylight Time, marshaalley@... writes:Ivana wasn't saying "omigod" over and over because she felt bad about Bradford. I think she was just overwhelmed with relief that she didn't get canned~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I think the opposite. I don't think Ivana wanted Bradford to get canned and it I think she thinks it is all her fault he was fired because she brought him in there. She wanted Stacie J gone and I just think she was in shock that he was fired, did you see her and Jennifer just staring at each other. WOW. Shocker!!!!

Christine



----------------------------

#2908 Sep 18, 2004



They could have done that if they were sure it would not cause them to

lose by the amount they paid to the vendor



----------------------------

#2912 Sep 18, 2004



I agree and I think Stacie is going to be very difficult because now

she knows she has reason to be paranoid, that people were keeping a

secret from her as she suspected







----------------------------

#2925 Sep 19, 2004

I also think Trump goads people as if it's a stress interview-- a stress

interview is where the interviewer says hostile things for the express

purpose of seeing how you respond.

So Trump goaded Ivana into taking three people into the boardroom. She

didn't show any character, she just caved. Her strategy all along has been

a wishy-washy search for "consensus," she can't make decisions. He also

goaded Bradford by telling him he was only talking so frankly because he was

"safe." Like a child, Bradford walked RIGHT into that trap.

It's tricky because Trump doesn't like people who don't explain or defend

themselves, and he sometimes accepts a good explanation. But that is not

the same as whining.

Gwen



----------------------------

#2927 Sep 19, 2004



I think the project manager should get input from the other people on

the team, but if consensus is not quickly reached, they have to make

the final decision and the rest of the team should go with it and do

their best. I think that some people don't want to reach a consensus

because they want to blame their project manager if the plan goes

wrong



----------------------------

#2957 Sep 19, 2004

I agree with you totally. It would have been strange if Donald had

NOT made a comment about the name! It was funny.

> vote.yahoo.com - Register online to vote today!



----------------------------

#2959 Sep 19, 2004

Ivana is spaced out. She really didn't know who to bring with her

to the boardroom, because quite frankly SHE (Ivana) knew that she

was the one who should have gotten fired. She had to take 2 or 3

people with her, and yet you could see that she really could not

back up her decisions at all. She is like a sinking ship. Somebody

stop the leaking!

As for StacieJ, it came out in the boardroom that she DID get

permission from Ivana, and that Ivana approved of the idea to call

temps. So, really, it's Ivana's fault. And when Ivana tried to

explain why she approved of the idea all she could come up with

is "well, I tried to give her something to do to keep her out of the

way" HUH?? That is no reason to allow a team member to waste the

team's seed money! Ivana is really dumb. She is just lucky that

Bradford's stupidity saved her from herself, at least for now.

OHMIGOD indeed. She makes me go OHMIGOD what a twit.

> Now that's something everyone can agree on! :D







----------------------------

#2964 Sep 19, 2004

You are right indeed. It is just a bad, wrong idea. Can you

imagine though if you were a temp and you got a call from your

agency and they asked you if you'd like to go sell ice cream on the

Apprentice Show. I wonder how much they'd pay them? $9. an hour??

LOL, that is a funny thought!

I must also mention that StacieJ was stupid to think up such a dumb

idea, and Ivana was just as stupid for allowing her to make the

call. Both are to blame.

> Yahoo! Mail - 50x more storage than other providers!



----------------------------

#2974 Sep 19, 2004



Stacie is not to blame for it, she was just following the directions

given by the PM and the PM (Ivana in this case) has to be held

accountable for it



----------------------------

#3002 Sep 19, 2004

The $9 an hour comes from what I think the temp herself would earn.

I realize that Apex would have had to pay closer to $15 an hour.

It is still a dumb idea to call temps. That was an unneeded

expense. It's dumb for Stacie J to think it up and it's stupid for

Ivana to approve of the idea.

> accountable for it



----------------------------

#3010 Sep 20, 2004



I think it was probably like when a guy is watching football and his

wife asks a question and without really listening, he says "yes do

what you want" just to make her leave him alone. Later he finds out

she sold his golf clubs


S
e
n
i
o
r
T
u
b
e
.
o
r
g